“Fiancé visa with child” is one of the most searched for phrase on the internet, by people who have an interest in the U.S. fiancé visa process. If you have children from a previous relationship and you are looking to move to America on a fiancé visa, you may be wondering how to bring your children with you. The good news is that U.S. immigration law creates a visa for this exact situation.

Unmarried children, under 21 years old, of a fiancé visa (K1) holder are eligible for a K2 visas. A single petition for the K1 and K2 is sufficient. If a K2 visa is issued to the child he/she may enter the U.S. along with the parent or may follow later.

airport-1019056_1920-150x150 Fiancé Visa With Child-Is this Possible?


The foreign-born parent will have to  meet the requirements of the K1 fiancé visa, independently, for the children to qualify as a dependent beneficiary. The process begins when the United States citizen partner files an I-129f petition, listing you and your children, as beneficiaries. It takes about six months for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to make a decision on the application. If you have a favorable decision, the file is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC), for further processing.

K-3 Fiancé Visa Application for Your Child

You will complete separate DS-160 non-immigrant visa applications for yourself and qualifying children, through the appropriate embassy’s/consulate’s online portal. You will also pay separate visa fees for yourself and your children. The children will need  medical examinations and if they are 16 years or older, they will need police certificates for every country where they have lived for six months or more, from the age of 16.

Visa Approval and Travel

If your K1 visa and your children’s K2 visa is granted, you are ready to depart to the U.S. The visas are valid for six months. Be sure to have the proper custody documents to show that you have authorization to take the children out of the country.

Entry to the United States

Once you enter the United States, you and yor fiancé have 90 days to get married. After the wedding, you will file  separate I-485 Adjustment of Status applications and pay the appropriate fee, to adjust your and your children’s status to lawful permanent residence.

K1 Fiancé Visa Attorney

Cheryl Fletcher is an immigration attorney in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. In consultations with potential clients, she is frequently asked, about obtaining a “fiancé visa with child.” Her approach to this question, is to take the time to explain to potential clients the immigration process, regarding this situation.
If you would like to get in touch with Attorney,  Cheryl Fletcher , please call 561-507-5772 to get a fast consultation or fill in the contact form on the website: http://www. lawyerfletcher.com and we will call you right away.