You may seek enforcement of the court order by filing a Motion for Contempt. Your former spouse will have to prove that he/she is not willfully disobeying the court order. Your ex could have recently become unemployed, or ill and he/she can no longer afford the payments and will make those arguments in his/her defense. If you win the motion, the court can impose a wide range of penalties on your ex, such as a money judgment, judgment lien, writ of execution, a writ of garnishment or even jail time. If your ex has a habit of being delinquent, when paying you directly, you can seek an income deduction order so that the employer takes the money directly out of his/her paycheck.