Yes. However, it is not a good idea to travel to the country from which you were fleeing persecution because the U.S. government could take away your asylum status. If you want to travel less than 1 year after you won your asylum case, you will need to apply for a “travel document” to allow you to reenter the United States. If you already received your green card, you do not need a travel document.