Yes you can. If the court ordered you to pay and you have fallen behind, you are violating the court order. This is contempt of court and if a judge finds that your disobedience is willful, you can be taken into custody. If you truly are without the means to pay, for example, you lost your job and you do not have any assets, then it is highly unlikely that you are deliberately flouting the court order. There is a “purge” amount towards the arrears that you can pay to keep yourself out of jail.