The worst case scenario is that you could be deported to your home county. However, this is not automatic. Asylum applicants who lose their case with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, can argue their case to an immigration judge. If you lose in court you can appeal the decision to the Board of Immigration Appeals, the United States Court of Appeals and in limited circumstances, the United States Supreme Court. The appellate process is complex and lengthy; it could take many years.